Section 1c: FHIR®
Section 3: Implementation Guides
HL7 FHIR® R4 Implementation Guide: Clinical Study Schedule of Activities, Edition 1
The core of this project is to define a usable pattern for a Clinical Trial Schedule of Activities structure using FHIR Resources and Processes, such that:
- it can be shared
- it can be interpreted, and
- it can be implemented in healthcare systems (such as EHR or PHR systems) and/or clinical research systems
See the specification at http://hl7.org/fhir/uv/rvulcan-schedule/STU1
HL7 FHIR® R4 Implementation Guide: Clinical Study Schedule of Activities, Edition 1 may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Enables consistency by adoption of a FHIR based representation of research study activities that must be performed and avoid repeated data entry. As the events occur a record is built up of the execution of the study for that specific subject.
- Facilitates uniform implementation of the schedule of activities across investigational sites.
- Eli Lilly
This iteration of the IG is designed to provide directional guidance and not be a prescriptive instruction of how to exactly implement SOA across all systems. As we learn more about how the different systems work and can be interfaced, we will continue to improve the IG to accommodate more use cases; iteratively working towards a solution that will be both functional and scalable.
|HL7 FHIR® R4 Implementation Guide: Clinical Study Schedule of Activities, Edition 1|
|HL7 FHIR® R4 Implementation Guide: Clinical Study Schedule of Activities, Edition 1 See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/uv/vulcan-schedule/STU1.||(Submit Feedback on STU)|
- Regulated Studies
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Implementation Guide
- Clinical Decision Support Systems Vendors
- EHR, PHR Vendors
- Health Care IT Vendors
- Healthcare Institutions
- Pharmaceutical Vendors
- Regulatory Agency