Section 1c: FHIR®
Section 2: Clinical and Administrative Domains
Section 3: Implementation Guides
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Common Data Model Harmonization for Research (CDMH), Release 1 - US Realm
The Common Data Models Harmonization (CDMH) FHIR Implementation Guide (IG) will focus on mapping and translating observational data extracted for Patient Centered Outcome Research (PCOR) and other purposes into FHIR format. The project focuses on the mappings for the following four Common Data Models (CDMs) to FHIR.
- Patient Centered Outcome Research Network (PCORNet)
- Informatics for Integrating Biology and Bedside (i2b2) Accrual to Clinical Trials (ACT), also known as i2b2/ACT.
- Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership (OMOP)
- Food and Drug Administration’s Sentinel
See the specification at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/cdmh/STU1
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Common Data Model Harmonization for Research (CDMH), Release 1 - US Realm may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Enables a common data architecture to create user driven queries of the following four common data model (CDMs) of four networks (Sentinel, i2b2/ACT, OHDSI and PCORnet).
- Creates mapping between the various CDMs to Biomedical Research Integrated Domain Group (BRIDG) which serves as an intermediary model in the project.
- Creates mappings between the above CDMs and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) profiles and resources. These mappings will facilitate broader access to data from multiple networks.
- Enables researchers from public and private sectors (e.g. FDA, NIH, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), biopharmaceutical industry and patient-centered outcomes researchers) to access observational data also known as Real World Data (RWD).
|See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/cdmh/STU1.|
- Regulated Studies
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Implementation Guide
- Healthcare Institutions
- US Realm