Section 1c: FHIR®
Section 3: Implementation Guides
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Pharmacist Care Plan Document, Release 1 - US Realm
This implementation guide specifies FHIR profiles and other artifacts for the Pharmacist Care Plan, which are derived from requirements set forth by the Pharmacy Health Information Technology (HIT) Collaborative and the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) WG10 Professional Pharmacy Services, vendors, and Health Level Seven (HL7) stakeholder workgroups. Templates in this US Realm implementation guide are specific to pharmacy management treatment and interventions that will promote interoperability and will create information suitable for reuse in quality measurement, public health reporting, research, and reimbursement.
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Pharmacist Care Plan Document, Release 1 - US Realm may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Creates a process for pharmacy clinical documentation.
- Enables exchange of patient information related to medication management between a pharmacy provider and medical provider.
- Supports medication therapy management, medication adherence, medication optimization, electronic quality measurement, and care coordination to improve the quality of care for the patient. Supports the CMS Medicare Part D Enhanced Medicare Therapy Management (MTM) program that started on January 1, 2017.
- Liberty Software
- Micro Merchant Systems
- Community Care of North Carolina(CCNC)
- Pharmacy Health Information Technology (HIT) Collaborative
- National Community Pharmacy Association (NCPA) Innovation Center
- National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP)
|See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/phcp/STU1.|
- Patient Care
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Implementation Guide
- EHR, PHR Vendors
- Health Care IT Vendors
- Healthcare Institutions
- HIS Vendors
- Standards Development Organizations (SDOs)
- US Realm