Section 1c: FHIR®
Section 3: Implementation Guides
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting (VRDR), Release 1 STU2.1 - US Realm
The VRDR FHIR IG provides guidance regarding the use of FHIR resources as a conduit for data required in the bidirectional exchange of mortality data between State-run Public Health Agencies (PHA) Vital Records offices and U.S. National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS).
See the specification at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/vrdr/STU2.1
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting (VRDR), Release 1 STU2.1 - US Realm may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Provides bidirectional exchange of mortality data between PHA Vital Records offices and NCHS, essential to effective public health surveillance and emergency response efforts.
- Enables automation of the reporting process
- Enhances efficiencies that dramatically improves the efficacy of event response, data analysis, and evidence-based measurable prevention of the causes of death.
- Jurisdictional Vital Records Offices: AR, CT, IA, ID, KS, LA, MN, NJ, NYC, PR, UT
- Organizations: CDC/NCHS/Information Technology Branch (ITB), National Association for Public Health Statistics and Information Systems (NAPHSIS)
- Software Vendors: Axiell, DB Sysgraph, GCOM, Mantech, Netsmart, Ruvos, VitalChek
CDCs National Center for Health Statistics is working closely with Federal, State, and local partners to take a fresh look at how mortality data are gathered, stored, and exchanged across the United States. They are focused on adopting best practices for information exchange that lessen the burden on data providers (e.g., vital records offices, medical examiner and coroner offices, toxicology labs) while providing a seamlessly automated data feed to public health and public safety data requestors.
|HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting (VRDR), Release 1 STU2.1 - US Realm|
|HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting (VRDR), Release 1 STU2.1 - US Realm See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/vrdr/STU2.||(Submit Feedback on STU)|
|HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Vital Records Mortality and Morbidity Reporting, Release 1 - US Realm http://hl7.org/fhir/us/vrdr/STU1/index.html||Expiration Oct 2022|
- Public Health
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Implementation Guide
- Health Care IT Vendors
- Healthcare Institutions
- HIS Vendors
- Local and State Departments of Health
- US Realm