Section 1e: Version 3 (V3)
Section 4: Rules and References
HL7 Version 3 Standard: Infrastructure Management; Control Act, Query and Transmission, Release 1.1
HL7 V3 Messaging is predicated on a common set of "wrappers" that provide for transmission control, query control and control act specifications. These were originally approved by HL7 and ANSI in October 2004. Following is the original statement of scope for these domains, and the reason for this re-approval.
This ballot addresses the following three "domains" in the communications environment for HL7 Version 3 messaging implementations:
Message Control (MCCI) Domain specifies:
- the composite HL7 version 3 message;
- the HL7 domain content for transport;
- the identification of sending and receiving entities for a messaging interaction; and
- the relationship between interactions and generic "communication roles".
Query Control (QUQI) domain specifies:
- the formation of information queries; and
- the responses to these queries.
Message Control Act Infrastructure (MCAI) specifies:
- the structure of the message Trigger Event Control Acts in the HL7 Composite Message (defined in MCCI).
The content was assembled as Release 1.1 in order to provide continuity of the "standard" underpinning for the "wrappers," upon which all Version 3 Messaging Standards rely, while Release 2 specifications are prepared and balloted.
HL7 Version 3 Standard: Infrastructure Management; Control Act, Query and Transmission, Release 1.1 may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Standards Developers
- Enables the exchange of messages by containing metadata relating to the exchange in addition to the actual payload.
|HL7 Version 3 Standard: Infrastructure Management; Control Act, Query and Transmission, Release 1.1|
|HL7 Version 3 Standard: Infrastructure Management - R1||(View Brief)|
|HL7 Version 3 Standard: Master File/Registry Infrastructure R1||(View Brief)||
(Download) (178.87 MB)
Message Control Act Infrastructure(MCAI) R1
Message Control Transmission Infrastructure(MCCI) R1
Message Control Query Infrastructure R1
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUPS
- Transport(ebxml, cd, mllp)