Section 1e: Version 3 (V3)
Section 2: Clinical and Administrative Domains
HL7 Version 3 Standard: Pharmacy; Medication Statement and Administration Event, Release 1
This topic provides interactions for exchanging information about medication use for individual patients. The content in this topic includes information about medication use constructed from various sources including: patient self reporting; patient narratives gathered by health care professionals; institutional medication administration records; an existing medication record (list) in an Electronic Health Record system; insurance (claims) records.
HL7 Version 3 Standard: Pharmacy; Medication Statement and Administration Event, Release 1 may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Health Information Exchanges (HIE)
- Pharmaceutical vendors
- EHR, PHR vendors
- Healthcare Institutions (hospitals, long term care, home care, mental health)
- Enables systems to capture the full set of medication that is of significance to the treatment of a patient, of importance as prescription records will not hold information about medication self administered, or where records are informal
- Canada Health Infoway
This topic provides interactions for exchanging information about medication use for individual patients. The interaction exchanges can be internal to systems within a single healthcare institution or healthcare enterprise, or across systems within a community setting, or some other mix of systems that crosses any of these boundaries. The specific types of interactions will include notification, request/response and query/response interactions. The content in this topic includes information about medication use constructed from:
Example sources of information:
- patient self reporting
- patient narratives gathered by health care professionals (physicians, pharmacists, nurses, etc.)
- institutional medication administration records
- an existing medication record (list) in an EHR system
- insurance (claims) records
Medication statements and administrations may include information about medication use where the medications have been prescribed or not prescribed.
Medication statements and administrations may include "negative" statements such as - the patient has not taken medication ABC, or the patient has not been administered medication XYZ at 10:00 AM on Oct 3, 2010.
The business process being modeled is this topic is only concerned with stating information about medication use; it does NOT cover any processes of medication order fulfillment or medication allergy documentation or clinical decision support.
|HL7 Version 3 Standard: Pharmacy; Medication Statement and Administration Event, Release 1||
(Download) (156.94 MB)
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- EHR, PHR Vendors
- Healthcare Institutions
- Pharmaceutical Vendors