Ready to become a Health Professional member?
Or see below for pricing information and membership benefits.
HL7 is excited to announce a pilot program for Health Professionals to participate in the HL7 community. This program is being offered to attract, leverage and serve the needs of the Health Professional community. Recognizing the tremendous value that health professionals bring to the standards development process, the HL7 Health Professionals membership pilot provides a direct channel for Health Professionals to more easily weigh in on standards that are developed through HL7 and ultimately adopted in healthcare technology. Now more than ever HL7 needs participation from health professionals to ensure that standards produced offer real and practical value in supporting health information exchange.
Who Can Join as Health Professionals?
The HL7 Health Professionals membership category is open to physicians, nurses, pharmacists and the many other licensed individuals who are working for healthcare provider organizations and are directly engaged in providing care to patients OR have 10 years of patient care experience and currently working for a healthcare organization in an administrative role. Health Professionals joining HL7 under this pilot program should be interested in actively sharing clinical requirements for standards needed to support an increasingly patient-centered healthcare system, and in having access to information and trends currently affecting both the industry and Health Professionals practices. Health Professionals who wish to vote on and use the HL7 standards; participate in governance elections; or obtain/register OID(s) should join HL7 under the appropriate full membership category.
What is the Cost?
Health Professionals Memberships cost $100 USD per year. To confirm eligibility, the information supplied by all applicants is subject to verification by HL7 prior to activation.
HL7 is the clinician's voice in health information technology. HL7 Health Professionals members have a unique opportunity to provide direct input on clinical requirements for standards needed to support an increasingly patient-centered healthcare system, access to information and emerging trends shaping the industry and care provider practices. Health Professionals members will receive HL7 member discounts to attend HL7 meetings and are provided with read-only access to HL7 standards (this access restricts the ability to use, copy or share the HL7 standards with others). Here are six more ways in which health professionals can benefit from participation:
Benefits for Health Professionals:
- Better standards. Your voice will improve the quality and practicality of the standards HL7 develops and ultimately the quality of the products that use them.
- Discounts. HL7 Members receive significant discounts to participate in HL7 meetings, tutorials, webinars and certification testing.
- No surprises. Direct participation improves your knowledge of what is available or soon to be available to support information exchange and increases your savvy in talking with colleagues and vendors about exchange strategies and product options.
- Networking. Network with health professionals and other HL7 members who share your passion for improving technology for healthcare.
- Intelligence. Gain insight on how the use of data standards affects your practice in supporting patient care and in improving quality and productivity.
- Unity. There is strength in numbers as we advocate together for the use of standards in health information exchange.
- Education and Information. Health Professionals will be able to gain knowledge and insight from our Member Advantage webinars and get their questions answered in our Help Desk.
HL7 Health Professionals members have a unique opportunity to provide direct input on clinical requirements for standards needed to support an increasingly patient-centered healthcare system, access to information and emerging trends shaping the industry and care provider practices.
HL7 Participates in Additional Initiatives of Interest to Health Professionals
HL7 is also participating in two initiatives of interest to Health Professionals:
- The AmericanEHR Partners program
( http://www.americanehr.com/ )
founded by the American College of Physicians to collaborate on resources and tools needed to effectively implement and use EHRs, and
- The HealthITxChange online community
( http://www.healthITxChange.org )
where healthcare and IT professionals share best practices and lessons learned during EHR implementation.