HL7 - National Library of Medicine Contract Information
This is a three-year project with the following goals:
Through this contract HL7 will provide data and services necessary:
- Develop and apply methods to ensure UMLS Meta-Thesaurus is in step with HL7 Vocabulary Standards
- Conduct pilot transfer of EHR data using HL7 Messaging and Implementation guides
More details and downloadable materials on these two projects are available at
EHR project and also at
Vocabulary project web pages.
to ensure Consolidated Health Informatics (CHI) vocabularies as distributed
through NLM's UMLS Metathesaurus are usable with Health Level Seven (HL7) and
to create implementation guide(s) for the use of HL7 to transmit electronic
health record (EHR) data and documents between two systems, independent of
source and destination architectures.
- EHR Co-leaders: Bill Braithwaite, Ed Hammond and Mark Shafarman
- EHR project management: Caroline Harrison and Mark Shafarman
- Vocabulary Co-leaders: Stan Huff and Chris Chute
- Vocabulary project management: Sarah Ryan
- HL7's NLM Contract Officer: Mark McDougall
Information for experts wishing to sub-contract or volunteer to work on the project
The NLM Contract Task List contains the individual sub-tasks to be worked on.
The technical proposal contains descriptive detail. In your proposal please reference these sub-tasks.
Thank you for your interest
- Work will be fulfilled by voluntary and contract personnel using the approved HL7 Policies/Procedures
- For more information/to declare interest, subscribe to the HL7 Contract List Service
Health Level Seven and HL7 are registered trademarks of Health Level Seven, Inc., registered in the U.S. Trademark Office.
Please consult Policies 06.01.01, 02.03.01 and Procedure 02.03.01 for information related to Contract Work in the HL7 Policies and Procedures document.