Programmer/Interface Specialist Plexus Management Group
Job Title: Programmer/Interface Specialist
You will be responsible for the design, development, and hands-on implementation of programming and interface solutions that satisfy overall company needs, and improve operating efficiency through the automation of manual systems and procedures. Partnering with our reimbursement department, Plexus IS, hospital entities, clients and GE to design, program, test, implement, monitor and maintain all company/client-related interface projects.
Prior experience with HL7 is strongly desired. Experience with GE Group Management (formerly IDX GroupCast), Cognos’ Impromptu and PowerPlay skills are very desirable. Also in-depth knowledge of SQL server, MS SQL administration, TSQL, visual basic, MS OLE objects and SQL server queries. Experience with Meditech is a plus. Job Requirements: • 5+ years of healthcare programming and interface development experience • Must be able to communicate a positive service attitude to all internal and external customer • Must be extremely organized and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects Benefits include: • A competitive compensation packet • Medical and Dental insurance (95% of cost paid by Plexus) • Profit sharing • Flex Spending Account to pay for medical expenses on a pre-tax basis • Generous Paid time off
• A bachelor’s degree in computer-related is preferred
Contact: Joe Garbiel Recruitment Manager Plexus Management Group
Address: 690 Canton Street, Suite 325 Westwood, MA 02090-2329 Contact Email: email@example.com Phone: 781-915-0265 Fax : 781-636-0005
The ScottCare Corporation(ScottCare Cardiovacular Solutions)
Technical Implementation Specialist
Technical Implementation Specialist The ScottCare Corporation(ScottCare Cardiovacular Solutions)
Job Title: Technical Implementation Specialist
The ScottCare Corporation is a leader in non-invasive cardiology diagnosis, therapy and monitoring. Since 1989, ScottCare has manufactured quality medical devices serving cardiopulmonary/cardiovacular professionals. By cost-effectively applying state-of-the-art technology, the company offers the most versatile and powerful systems on the market in addition to providing industry-recognized levels of service to support client’s evolving needs.
ScottCare provides a vast array of cardiovascular solutions, ranging from the latest in arrhythmia monitoring to our market leading cardiac rehabilitation telemetry solution.
ScottCare empowers physicians to make sound diagnostic decisions by introducing them to a comprehensive and integrated platform that improves patient care, while minimizing infrastructure and personnel costs.
Based in Cleveland, Ohio, ScottCare is a division of the Scott Fetzer Company.
Consult with new and existing clients to determine interface requirements
Use independent judgment to address and resolve technical issues.
Use technical skill to resolve complex issues with customer’s interfaces, databases, software applications, technical configurations, etc.
Exercise discretion and independent thinking to make recommendations and advise customers regarding the use of their interface,hardware and software platforms.
Prior experience working as a Customer Support Analyst in a busy technology call center or related experience using HL7.
.Excellent Project Management Skills
•Excellent oral and written communication skills
•Ability to balance multiple priorities
•Display dependable, punctual and professional demeanor
Incumbent analyzes current and new technology to provide input on implications to HealthTrio web based products. From a technical standpoint, analyzes moderately complex healthcare business processes/problems for external clients to be solved with HealthTrio software applications. Provides technical, business and/or healthcare expertise to identify, evaluate and develop system specifications and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Creates design specifications for systems/applications to meet business requirements. Works independently and as a team member or team leader.
1. Analyzes current and new technology to provide input on implications to HealthTrio web based products. 2. Analyzes complex business problems to be automated with HealthTrio software products. 3. Provides business and/or healthcare domain expertise in researching, identifying, evaluating and developing functions and features for systems that are cost effective and meet user requirements 4. Creates and updates specifications detailing functions and features for systems to meet clinical and/or business requirements 5. Analyzes software and software market for features that are primarily technical in nature 6. Works independently and as a team member or team leader. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues 7. Participates in and supports process improvement activities within the department and company-wide
1. Complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
• KNOWLEDGE/SKILL: Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolves a variety of issues. o Ability to identify processes which can be automated by HealthTrio o Ability to review and analyze technical documentation, including database schemas, EDI interface documents, government and HL7 standards, single sign-on implementation guides, web-service WSDLs o Effective oral, telephone, written and interpersonal communication skills o Demonstrated ability to write design specifications according to HealthTrio o Demonstrated experience communicating technical concepts and processes in non-technical language o Ability to understand and explain product functionality o Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
• JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Works with clients as external customers to define enhancement requests and gather research. Works with Engineering and QA to develop and deliver quality product. Works with sales and marketing, as needed, to address RFPs and other presale situations.
• SUPERVISION: Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
• EXPERIENCE: 2 to 5 years of related experience such as business system analysis, , clinical care, managed care operations or medical practice administration
• CERTIFICATION(S): none required
• TRAVEL: Job typically requires 10% to 15% travel as a percentage of work time
• The essential functions of this position are performed in a climate-controlled office environment. Some office areas will contain a significant amount of computer and peripheral equipment (e.g., printers) producing the associated electronic equipment noise. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to move about an office environment (from office to office); sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Bachelor in applicable field such as business or health administration preferred; or Bachelor in unrelated field, but applicable work experience, such as managed care, medical practice administration or clinical care
Contact: Beverly Price Director, Human Resources HealthTrio LLC
Our client is seeking dynamic, independent and motivated individuals to join their team as a Sr. HL7 Integration Engineer. The HL7 Integration Engineer is responsible for managing the Health Information Exchange project details related to the successful delivery of the client’s health information exchange (HIE). This resource will support the Implementation team in managing project details related to HIE Initial Go Lives, EHR Integrations, Continuity of Care Document Exchange, Data Feed Analysis and other HIE related projects.
The HL7 Engineer will support Implementation team and coordinate the expertise of the specialized teams to: •Act as the technical expert in the capabilities and operation of the HIE and provide consultative services •Coordinate and provide all system infrastructure, and system configuration efforts in the establishment of an HIE including •Provide technical implementation, operation, application and configuration-related expertise •Provide technical expertise on the integration of EHR systems to the HIE •Act as the facilitator among the disparate vendors engaged in establishing an HIE •Coordinate and provide customer service to new and existing HIE clients •Provide status reports and project metrics for projects including but not limited to Design Documentation, Project Plans, Timelines, Document Maps, Compendiums and client configuration options
•Motivated 4+ years experienced team player. Will be an innovative, detail oriented self-starter that thrives in a small, fast-paced environment, as well as possess technical experience and skills; •Experience with HL7 message standard, CDA and HIE Profile with HL/7 being the most important •Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel Microsoft SQL Server experience needed; •Healthcare experience in Acute care settings and Ambulatory care settings desired; •Travel not expected except for training and management purposes •Experience in the Corepoint Integration Engine is a Plus
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management or other technical project management-related major desired.
Contact: Reuben Obaidullah Sr. Director, Client Delivery Anteo Group LLC
Address: 1230 Peachtree St. NE Suite 2350 Atlanta, GA 30309 Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (404) 389-0561 Fax : (404) 897-1960