Section 2: Clinical and Administrative Domains
Section 3: Implementation Guides
HL7/NCPDP Informative Document: Pharmacist Consultation Note, Release 1
The HL7/NCPDP Pharmacist Consultation Note guidance document addresses the unique pharmacy requirements when creating either C-CDA Consult Notes or C-CDA on FHIR Consultation Notes.
HL7/NCPDP Informative Document: Pharmacist Consultation Note, Release 1 may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Provides guidance and best practices for creating pharmacist consultant notes
- Ensures that guidance and best practices are consistent across both C-CDA and FHIR technologies.
- Addresses additional documentation requirements found in some care settings, e.g., regulatory requirements for Long Term and Post Acute Care (LTPAC).
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requires consultant pharmacists in the Long Term and Post Acute Care (LTPAC) settings to exchange clinical recommendations based on a monthly drug regimen review (DRR) on every resident in the LTPAC setting. DRR documentation is a quality criteria for LTPAC Medication Management.
Pharmacists also provide consultive servies in
- inpatient settings (e.g., medication reconciliation, medication dosing and monitoring in renal impairment),
- clinical outpatient settings (e.g., medication management and education, poly-pharmacy assessment) and
- retail outpatient (e.g., medication management, therapeutic monitoring, patient education).
The HL7/NCPDP Pharmacist Consultation Note guidance document is nominally based on a prior NCPDP guidance document. This document updates technical details, has additional use cases, and adds FHIR guidance.
|HL7/NCPDP Informative Document: Pharmacist Consultation Note, Release 1||
(Download) (1.03 MB)
To submit feedback on this Informative document, follow this link to the Jira project associated with the specification.
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Health Care IT Vendors
- Healthcare Institutions
- US Realm