Section 1c: FHIR®
Section 3: Implementation Guides
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Subscription R5 Backport, Release 1
The Subscription R5 Backport Implementation Guide enables servers running FHIR R4B to implement a subset of R5 Subscriptions in a standardized way.
The goal of publishing this guide is to define a standard method of back-porting reworked R5 subscription "topic-based" pub/sub pattern to provide implementers with a bridge to adoption prior to the adoption of the R5 FHIR standard.
The Current (R4) approach to subscriptions lacks a proper flexible search semantics, doesn't scale across resource types, lacks criteria semantics for any named events and a way to advertise what to subscribe to. In R5, subscription uses a "topic-based" pub/sub pattern that enables:
- FHIR clients to subscribe (optionally with some additional filtering) to a topic which defines the resource(s) for the subscription and the events on which they happen.
- The publisher to deliver subscription notification containing the combination of data and (optional) attributes to subscribers
STU 1.1.0 adds support for R4 4.0.1, in addition to the existing R4B 4.3.0 support.
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Subscription R5 Backport, Release 1 may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Provides support for topic-based subscriptions (as in-progress for FHIR R5) to the FHIR R4 series
- Enables servers to implement server-driven workflows in FHIR in an interoperable and discoverable way.
- See https://confluence.hl7.org/display/FHIRI/FHIR+Subscriptions
|HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Subscription R5 Backport, Release 1|
|HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Subscription R5 Backport, Release 1 See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/uv/subscriptions-backport/STU1.||(Submit Feedback on STU)|
|HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Subscription R5 Backport, Release 1 STU 1.1 See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/uuv/subscriptions-backport/STU1.1/.||(Submit Feedback on STU)|
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Implementation Guide
- Clinical and Public Health Laboratories
- Clinical Decision Support Systems Vendors
- EHR, PHR Vendors
- Emergency Services Providers
- Health Care IT Vendors
- Healthcare Institutions
- HIS Vendors
- Immunization Registries
- Lab Vendors
- Local and State Departments of Health
- Medical Imaging Service Providers
- Pharmaceutical Vendors
- Quality Reporting Agencies
- Regulatory Agency
- Standards Development Organizations (SDOs)