Section 1c: FHIR®
Section 2: Clinical and Administrative Domains
Section 3: Implementation Guides
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Clinical Data Exchange (CDex), Release 1 STU1.1.0 - US Realm
This IG provides detailed guidance that helps implementers use FHIR-based interactions to support specific exchanges of clinical data between providers and payers (or other providers). This guide documents Direct Query, Task Based and Attachments transaction approaches for requesting and sending information. Key scenarios this IG can support include:
- Requesting and sending attachments to support claims and prior authorizations
- Requesting documentation to support payer operations such as claims audits
- Gathering information for Quality programs and Risk Adjustment between payers and providers
- Exchanging clinical data between referring providers
In the context of this guide, ‘clinical data’ means any information a provider holds in a patient’s health record. The data format is not limited to FHIR resources, but includes C-CDA documents, pdfs, text files and other types of data. There may be requests for payloads of clinical records of care such as CCD Documents, clinical data sets that may be represented in a FHIRBundle (or C-CDA on FHIR Documents), and clinical data such as a specific FHIR resource.
See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/davinci-cdex/STU1.1
Trial Use feedback at CDex Jira Feedback
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Clinical Data Exchange (CDex), Release 1 STU1.1.0 - US Realm may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Facilitates more efficient and effective exchange of health record information in several areas such as claims management, care coordination, risk adjustment and quality reporting.
- Enables payers to be explicit about the data they are requesting as opposed to general requests which often result in providers sending more information than is necessary.
This STU1.1.0 version of Da Vinci Clinical Data Exchange (CDex) Implementation Guide is the second published version of this guide and is the result of the May 2022 HL7 balloting process. The resulting resolution of the community comments and edits to the guide has been agreed to and voted on by the members of the sponsoring HL7 International Patient Care and Payer/Provider Information Exchange Work Group.
|See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/davinci-cdex/STU1.1.|
|See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/davinci-cdex/STU1.|
- Care Provision
- Financial Management
- Medical Records
- Patient Administration
- Patient Care
- Patient Referral
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Implementation Guide
- EHR, PHR Vendors
- Emergency Services Providers
- Healthcare Institutions
- Quality Reporting Agencies