Section 1c: FHIR®
Section 3: Implementation Guides
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Dental Data Exchange, Release 1 - US Realm
This implementation guide provides the FHIR R4 artifacts necessary to construct a Dental Referral Note Bundle and Dental Consultation Note Bundle. These standardized documents are intended to support bi-directional information exchange between a medical and a dental provider or between dental providers. This publication provides the data model, defined data items, and their corresponding code and value sets, specific to a dental referral note and dental consultation note intended for exchange. This guide describes constraints on the C-CDA on FHIR header and body elements for dental information. This guide contains a library of FHIR profiles and is compliant with FHIR Release 4. At a minimum, a document bundle (C-CDA on FHIR Referral Note or Consultation Note) will be exchanged along with a ServiceRequest, Patient, and associated medical and dental information. This guide specifies how and where these resources are included within the C-CDA on FHIR profiles. This guide also builds upon the foundation established in the American National Standard/American Dental Association (ANS/ADA) Specification Number 1084; Reference Core Data Set for Communication among Dental and other Health Information Systems, 2019.
See the specification at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/dental-data-exchange/STU1.
HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Dental Data Exchange, Release 1 - US Realm may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Enables electronic exchange of discrete dental observations between dental providers
- Supports dental information exchange between the medical and dental communities.
- US Department of Defense - for improved medical and dental record sharing with community providers
- CareQuest Institute for Oral Health - in an effort to develop strategies and evidence to improve the clinical application of oral health care coordination. We aim to address barriers to interprofessional practice, population health, and value-based care through health information exchange.
|HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Dental Data Exchange, Release 1 - US Realm|
|HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Dental Data Exchange, Release 1 - US Realm See the standard at http://hl7.org/fhir/us/dental-data-exchange/STU1.||(Submit Feedback on STU)|
- Care Provision
- Medical Records
- Patient Care
- Patient Referral
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Implementation Guide
- Clinical Decision Support Systems Vendors
- EHR, PHR Vendors
- Health Care IT Vendors
- Healthcare Institutions
- US Realm