Section 1a: Clinical Document Architecture (CDA®)
Section 3: Implementation Guides
HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: Dental Data Exchange, Release 1, STU 1 - US Realm
This implementation guide provides an HL7 CDA-based set of templates defining the Dental Referral Note and Dental Consultation Note. These standardized documents are intended to support bi-directional information exchange between a medical and a dental provider or between dental providers. This publication provides the data model, defined data items, and their corresponding code and value sets, specific to a dental referral note and dental consultation note intended for exchange. The documents in this guide mimics design patterns and reuses several templates present in the base standard, HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Consolidated CDA Templates for Clinical Notes - US Realm (C-CDA). This guide also builds upon the foundation established in the American National Standard/American Dental Association (ANS/ADA) Specification Number 1084; Reference Core Data Set for Communication among Dental and other Health Information Systems, 2019.
HL7 CDA R2 Implementation Guide: Dental Data Exchange, Release 1, STU 1 - US Realm may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Enables electronic exchange of discrete dental observations between dental providers.
- Supports dental information exchange between the medical and dental communities.
- US Department of Defense - for improved medical and dental record sharing with community providers
- CareQuest Institute for Oral Health - in an effort to develop strategies and evidence to improve the clinical application of oral health care coordination. We aim to address barriers to interprofessional practice, population health, and value-based care through health information exchange.
- Care Provision
- Medical Records
- Patient Care
- Patient Referral
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Implementation Guide
- Clinical Decision Support Systems Vendors
- EHR, PHR Vendors
- Health Care IT Vendors
- Healthcare Institutions
- US Realm