Section 1h: Cross-paradigm/Domain Analysis Models
Section 2: Clinical and Administrative Domains
HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Intra-Procedure Anesthesia, Release 1
The document aims to provide a reasonable coverage of intra-procedural anesthesia - its content is intended to represent the content of the conventional anesthesia record and to support its electronic equivalent. It includes behavioral and structural modelling with example term-bindings to the anesthesia term set maintained by the SNOMED CT Anesthesia CRG.
HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Intra-Procedure Anesthesia, Release 1 may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Creates a framework for the intra-procedural anesthesia record, including detailed use cases which are linked to an accompanying structural model.
- Provides examples of bindings to the anesthesia term set that is maintained by the SNOMED CT Anesthesia CRG.
- Supports practical implementations of the electronic anesthesia record and to support the development of implementation guides based on other HL7 standards such as CDA and FHIR.
- Provides a common frame of reference to facilitate the exchange and aggregation of data between, and from, different sites.
- VA hospitals anesthetic record
- ASA guidelines for the intra-operative anesthetic record
- UK proposed standard anaesthetic record
- AAGBI Information management - Guidance for Anaesthetists
- Operating Theatres Phase 2 – Anaesthetic Record Data Standards (NHS Scotland)
- American Association of Nurse Anaesthetists Anesthesia Record
- Around 20 records from other US and UK sites
The Anesthesia (intra-procedure) Domain Analysis Model is focused on the intra-procedure anesthetic process and its documentation in the anesthetic record. It includes use cases, a structural model and examples of SNOMED CT term bindings.
The content is the responsibility of the HL7 Work Group and does not necessarily reflect the view of either of the organizations which funded the work.
- Care Provision
- Financial Management
- Healthcare Devices
- Medical Records
- Patient Care
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Domain Analysis Model
- Clinical Decision Support Systems Vendors
- EHR, PHR Vendors
- Equipment Vendors
- Health Care IT Vendors
- Healthcare Institutions
- Quality Reporting Agencies