Section 1e: Version 3 (V3)
Section 4: Rules and References
HL7 Version 3 Standard: Implementation Technology Specification R2 - ISO Harmonized Datatypes, R1
This product provides a set of global representations for data used in the presentation and communication of healthcare information. This standardized set has been approved by the International Standards Organization’s (ISO) Medical Informatics Technical Committee (TC-215) as a proper sub-set of data types currently adopted by national and trans-national healthcare standards development organizations. This document provides a UML and XML implementation of the data types, and is based on Release 2 of the XML ITS data types that is currently in ballot. This document is shared and jointly balloted between HL7, CEN, and ISO.
HL7 Version 3 Standard: Implementation Technology Specification R2 - ISO Harmonized Datatypes, R1 may also go by the following names or acronyms:
- Healthcare Institutions (hospitals, long term care, home care, mental health)
- Healthcare IT Vendors
- National Health Information Exchange Infrastructures
- All HL7 Version 3 Implementers
- Promotes the ability to communicate healthcare data between jurisdictions
- Updates data types for new requirements from HL7
- Simplifies technical implementation path as a result of user feedback
- Shares content between HL7, the European Committee for Standardization (CEN), and ISO
Following requests from national health informatics programs, the vendor community and, also, extensive discussion of previous ISO, HL7 and CEN work on data types, an advanced draft of a new International Standard has now been prepared. This standard will promote a common representation that meets these needs and is being advanced as common draft standard in all three communities.
|HL7 Version 3 Standard: Implementation Technology Specification R2 - ISO Harmonized Datatypes, R1||
(Download) (115.61 MB)
The Data Types standards are not published separately, but are available as part of the Health Level Seven Version 3 (V3) Normative Edition. See the HL7 Version 3 Product Suite for downloads.
- Normative (R1)
RESPONSIBLE WORK GROUP
- Data Types
- Healthcare Institutions