Working Group Meetings
Sponsoring any of these events will result in HL7 International promoting your firm to HL7 members worldwide, meeting attendees, more than 55 international HL7 affiliates and thousands of industry leaders who receive HL7 mailings.
37th Annual Plenary, Working Group Meeting and HL7 FHIR Connectathon
Sep 9, 2023 to Sep 15, 2023
- Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, Phoenix, AZ
Add to Calendar37th Annual Plenary, Working Group Meeting and HL7 FHIR ConnectathonSep 9, 2023 12:00 AM Sep 15, 2023 12:00 AM37th Annual Plenary, Working Group Meeting and HL7 FHIR Connectathon Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, Phoenix, AZSheraton Phoenix Downtown, Phoenix, AZhttp://www.hl7.org/tools/ical.cfm?event_id=1870 https://hl7.my.site.com/LightningMemberPortal/s/lt-event?id=a1Y7V00000ZjWLwUAN
January Working Group Meeting
Jan 29, 2024 to Feb 2, 2024
- Virtual Event
Add to CalendarJanuary Working Group MeetingJan 29, 2024 12:00 AM Feb 2, 2024 12:00 AMJanuary Working Group Meeting Virtual EventVirtual Eventhttp://www.hl7.org/tools/ical.cfm?event_id=1875
May 2024 Working Group Meeting and HL7 FHIR Connectathon
May 18, 2024 to May 24, 2024
- Dallas, TX
Add to CalendarMay 2024 Working Group Meeting and HL7 FHIR ConnectathonMay 18, 2024 12:00 AM May 24, 2024 12:00 AMMay 2024 Working Group Meeting and HL7 FHIR Connectathon Dallas, TXDallas, TXhttp://www.hl7.org/tools/ical.cfm?event_id=1869
- May Working Group Meeting May 8, 2023 to May 12, 2023 - Hilton Riverside, New Orleans, Louisiana
- January Working Group Meeting Jan 16, 2023 to Jan 20, 2023 - Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort and Spa, Henderson, NV
- 36th Annual Plenary, Working Group Meeting and FHIR Connectathon Sep 17, 2022 to Sep 23, 2022 - Renaissance Harbor Place Hotel, Baltimore, MD
- May 2022 Working Group Meeting (Eastern Time) May 9, 2022 to May 13, 2022 - Virtual Event
- January Working Group Meeting (CST) Jan 18, 2022 to Jan 21, 2022 - Virtual Event
- 35th Annual Plenary & Working Group Meeting (Eastern Time) Sep 20, 2021 to Sep 24, 2021 - Virtual Event
- May 2021 Working Group Meeting (UTC) May 24, 2021 to May 28, 2021 - Virtual Event
- Da Vinci Education & HL7 FHIR Implementation Event Apr 26, 2021 to Apr 30, 2021 - Virtual Event
- January Working Group Meeting (Pacific Time) Jan 25, 2021 to Jan 29, 2021 - Virtual Event PST
- Da Vinci Education and FHIR Implementation Event Oct 27, 2020 to Oct 29, 2020 - Virtual Event
- 34th Annual Plenary & Working Group Meeting Sep 21, 2020 to Sep 25, 2020 - Virtual Event
- HL7 FHIR Connectathon Sep 9, 2020 to Sep 11, 2020 - Virtual Event
September 9-15, 2023 | Phoenix, AZ
Sheraton Phoenix Downtown
340 North 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
What is a Working Group Meeting?
HL7 International working group meetings (WGMs) are held three times per year at varying locations and serve two important purposes:
- To provide HL7 International work groups a chance to meet face to face to work on the standards as well as the opportunity to network with industry leaders from around the world.
- To provide an invaluable educational resource for the healthcare IT community.
More than 40 HL7 work groups are dedicated to specialized areas of interest such as Mobile Health and Electronic Health Records. These work groups are directly responsible for the content of the standards and spend much of their time at the WGMs hard at work on standards development.
Attending a WGM can be a great way to keep up-to-date on what is happening in a particular area, and everyone attending an HL7 WGM is invited to attend any of the work groups.
Numerous educational opportunities are offered at most WGMs. Sessions cover a full range of HL7-specific topics such as clinical genomics, Clinical Document Architecture (CDA®), Fast Healthcare Interoperability Standards (FHIR®), among others. Educational sessions also include industry topics such as Electronic Health Records and standards for interoperability. The full listing of tutorials for each WGM will be published on the event registration page.
View past Plenary Meeting presentations and meeting materials.
Interested in attending but short on funds?
Apply for the The Woody Beeler Memorial Scholarship for Healthcare Interoperability. Scholarships are awarded annually to partially cover travel, accommodation and registration expenses enabling at least one individual to participate in an HL7 WGM. Funding will be sufficient to enable attendance but will require a meaningful and achievable contribution by the award recipient. Awards are anticipated to be $1500-2500 USD per WGM, depending on meeting and award recipient location. Information about the next application period will be posted soon. Learn more.
Working Group Meeting Documents
2023 May WGM+ Future Meetings Slideshow (32.82 MB)
2023 May WGM+ Monday Keynotes (15.88 MB)
2023 May WGM+ Thursday Keynotes (15.73 MB)
2023 May WGM+ Thursday non-Keynotes (2.22 MB)
2023 May WGM+ Tuesday Keynotes (12.20 MB)
2023 May WGM+ Tuesday non-keynotes (6.31 MB)
2023 May WGM+ Wednesday Keynotes (17.27 MB)
2023 May WGM+ Wednesday non- Keynotes (15.22 MB)
2023May Morning Announcements (12.87 MB)
Glossary of HL7 Ribbons (355 KB)
HL7 Organization Chart (156 KB)
Understanding the HL7 Organization (2.21 MB)
View training and certification information including policies, training materials, courses, upcoming training events, and onsite training options.