Imaging Integration collects, reviews, develops and documents use cases, information structures, message and document content related to ordering and reporting of non-textual data and associated information, including images themselves. Imaging Integration promotes the interoperation of imaging systems, PACS and associated information systems that use HL7.
Work Products and Contributions to HL7 Processes
- Ensure that the necessary classes and attributes are included in the HL7 Reference Information Model to allow integration with DICOM oriented systems.
- Ensure that changes required for image integration support in HL7 product families are enacted.
- Facilitate the publication of HL7/DICOM Implementation Guides.
- Coordinate harmonization of new and emerging HL7 and DICOM Standards.
- The Work Group will develop specifications using the principles and language of the Services Aware Interoperability Framework (SAIF) Canonical Definition (CD).
Formal Relationships With Other HL7 Groups
The primary relationship of Imaging Integration is with the Orders and Observations and Structured Documents Work Groups. Other Work Groups with which Imaging Integration has formal relationship include:
- Fast Health Interoperable Resources (FHIR) Management Group
- Healthcare Standards Integration
Informal Relationships with Groups Outside of HL7
- Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) (Based on the Associate Charter Agreement between the HL7 Board and IHE).
Formal Relationship With Groups Outside of HL7
- The DICOM Standards Committee (Memorandum of Agreement between the HL7 Board and the DICOM Committee has been renewed in 2008)
2021 May Work Group Health Gold Star Award Winner
This Work Group earned a WG Healthiest Star rating in May 2021.
Date of Last Revision
May 19, 2016